Old 01-10-2003, 10:02 AM
Lorna

Default Clearing an area of helxine

I'm afraid that in my experience, it will come back from microscopic
fragments!

However, by removing the main bulk of it in one of my beds, and then
watching like a hawk and removing each new clump that sprang up (quite
easy), I was clear in a year.

Lorna

"suzburnet" wrote in message
s.com...
Help! We are clearing a large rockery that has been over-run with
helxine (Soleirolia soleirolii). Though we're digging everything up
(plants and rocks) to clean out the roots It is impossible to get rid
of every fragment of the helxine from the cleared soil, and I wonder if
it will come back from these little bits. Has anyone any experience of
this situation?
--
suzburnet