Old 01-10-2003, 10:45 AM
Mike and Yvonne

Default Tree Roots???

Thanks for the advice guys. Not sure what type of tree it was (told you I
wasn't much of a gardener lol) but will try the weedkiller on the new
growths.

Cheers

"Mike and Yvonne" wrote in message
52.50...
We are definitely not natural gardeners so any help here would be
appreciated.

We have recently had a tree chopped down in our garden and had the stump
removed. About 3 weeks later we noticed new 'plants' growing all over
the garden. We dug these up and thought nothing more of it. The same
thing happened again about 3 weeks later. Having dug a bit deeper it
seems that these 'plants' are growing from the roots of the tree that we
had cut down. I tried digging up these roots, but the more I dug the
more roots I found. It seems that our whole garden is a mesh of tree
roots and it is nigh on impossible for me to dig them up.

Does anyone know anyway that we can get rid of these roots without
having to break my back digging them all up individually? Can anyone
recommend any strong weed or root killers on the market that we could
use to do the job?

Thanks

Mike and Yvonne