Old 01-10-2003, 11:24 AM
Dick

Default Quarantine tank

Interesting ideas. I am sorry you don't leave sand in the tank.

I wonder if I heat the tank with tap water, 2 gallons, and then do a
partial change from my 75 gallon and then start the Whisper with a
filter kept in the 75 gallon filter. Would that work?

Wouldn't medication reach a thin layer of sand?
I really don't like looking at the tank bare. I put it in my Utility
room and look at it everytime I feed my dogs. g

Would covering the tank to keep out light starve any infections and
prevent algae?

On Tue, 30 Sep 2003 04:15:24 -0700, "Dinky"
wrote:

"Dick" wrote in message
.. .
I just got a 10 gallon tank I plan to leave empty to use as a
quarantine tank. I have had some questions and would like to know
what is the best way to keep a tank available for babies, health
problems, observation of new fish.

SImplest way to keep a qtank, leave a sponge finlter running in an
established tank to trnsfer when needed. No substrate, a qtank isn't for
looks, mine is out of sight, anyway. I keep mine empty, and fill it from the
larger tanks when needed. Anything you put in the tank, including the sand,
will have to be sterilized after the tank is used. Sand sounds like a PITA
to sterilize. g

billy