Old 01-10-2003, 12:43 PM
Cereoid-UR12-

Default What is the name of this kind of nut?

Exactly what I thought it probably was but the description was so poor that
only Brad knows for sure.

They grow many acres of them in Hawaii.

http://www.maunaloa.com/home.asp

Comparing the nuts to "flying saucers" is still a real knee slapper!!!
Maybe that would be true in a food fight while under the influence of
intoxicants?

Sometimes you feel like a nut..........sometime you don't!!!!
(Almond Joy has nuts, Mounds don't. Because.......)

Peter Jason wrote in message
It's a macadamia nut, of course. And I thought nuts were YOUR specialty.
s******

"Cereoid-UR12-" wrote in message
m...
Who are you? Are you his mother nutter from down under?

If you really want to contribute something useful, why don't you

identify
the plant yourself?

If not, nuts to you!

Peter Jason wrote in message

"Cereoid-UR12-" wrote in message
m...
Could be some sort of Anonymous nucifer.

A "flying saucer", eh?

Rinkytink should know what it is, he's a real nutcase!!!

Brad Gibson wrote in message
I was wondering if anyone knew the name of a certain kind of nut.

Its
tree grows in tropical areas, and can be about 60 ft high and

about
as
wide (including branches) as it is tall. It has big leaves that

have
rounded ends. The nut with its shell is about 3-4 in. long and

about
1.5
in. thick, and usually has green or red skin on the outside. It is
shaped like a lemon if you look at it in one way and like a flying
saucer if you turn it around a little bit, and has a ridge around

it.
The actual nut, which is edible (and very good-tasting), looks

like
an
almond, but is about twice as long.

Brad

I feel I should enter the lists in defence of this poster; after all

it
WAS
a fair question. Instead of invective, jibes and jeers perhaps the

correct
answer might settle the matter and ameliorate the general mood. Yours

most
sincerely.