Old 01-10-2003, 05:02 PM
D Kat

Default OT - possibly avoiding this BS in the future

The easy way is to have your OS and your Virus software set to do automatic
upgrades.

http://www.microsoft.com/security/protect/ Gives instructions on how to
secure your machine if you are running what is considered a current OS (XP,
2K, ME).

Microsoft Windows NT Workstation, Windows 98, and Windows 95 you must
upgrade (Open IE, Tools, Windows Update and when that opens if you haven't
already installed it there should be an app there that does auto updates).

I don't know about any virus software except for Norton. On it you open the
application (right click on the sheild) and on the FILE menu you will see
"Schedule Updates" I have mine set to daily updates. Norton updates its
site every Wednesday so you can set it for once a week late Wednesday or
Early Thursday.

"pixi" wrote in message
So pass along the easy way!!

"dkat" wrote in message
. net...
Nonsense. You can't legislate against this. What ever happened to

personal
responsibility. It is not at all difficult to know enough to keep

yourself
from becoming infected. DKat

"KenCo" wrote in message
Tom La Bron wrote:

Golly what a mess. Sorry to all, if my problem was part of the

whole
problem.

Tom L.L.

its nobodys fault as the msg. did look real!
what everyone should do is write their reps.
and get legislation enacted w/ stiff mandatory
sentences for virus writers.

as it stands the laws only are used to cover
banks and financial types if there hit but
im sure they got hit this round!

--
http://www.kencofish.com Ken Arnold,
401-781-9642 cell 401-225-0556

Please Note: No trees or animals were harmed in the
sending of this contaminant free message We do concede
that a signicant number of electrons may have been
inconvenienced