Old 01-10-2003, 05:02 PM
Dick

Default Algae

Chris,

Update and correction. I do have a nitrate kit and tested for both
nitrogen and ammonia. Both registered minimum possible on the color
scales. I was surprised. I used the "Tetra test"

On Tue, 30 Sep 2003 17:30:18 GMT, Cris
wrote:

Have you measured for nitrate? I'll bet it's high with a heavy fish
load and only 25% water changes/week.

On Tue, 30 Sep 2003 04:42:06 -0500, Dick
wrote:

In the 75 gallon II change about 15 gallons each week. I change a
similar ratio in my 29 and two tens. No Hair in the other 3 tanks.
I have two light hoods on my 75. I am trying using just my lower
light hood for awhile. It puts out light more on the blue side of the
spectrum.