Old 01-10-2003, 05:22 PM
Heather

Default lighting for 20 gallon tall????

I've been getting conflicting informations on what kind of lighting
that I need for my aquarium so I'll tell you what it is that I want
and ask for recommendations. I'm new to plants and I want to setup a
planted angelfish tank. Money is tight (getting married and new
house...any of you who have done this know what I mean). I want
something that I can enjoy but isn't too much trouble. (No co2
machines).
Right now I have a standard flourescent bulb and I'm certain that
my lovely amazon sword plant is going to die. The money wart got
eaten by the goldfish cycling the tank. I have walmart bulbs that may
or may not sprout. The sagitarius looks ok as well as a dark green
plant with needles and a tall grass looking plant with a white strip
going through the center. I'm using the try and see method to see
what lives...
So what do ya recommend....
Thanks
Heather