Old 01-10-2003, 06:22 PM
D Kat

Default Tall, "Soft" Shrub/Plant

That is a good idea. Don't some calla lilies get very tall? Elephant ears?
What is that plant - begins with an A... is a wheat supstitute in part of
the world... very pretty and very tall.... (red fuzzy flowers).
"Beecrofter" wrote in message
om...
"dkat" wrote in message

. net...
I can't imagine any shrub that will get that tall that does not have a

woody
structure. Variegated Dogwoods are really pretty but I don't think they

get
that large quickly or at all (they also have some berries) I don't know

if
crape myrtle is hardy enough for your area but it would get that tall

(it is
woody however).

Shrub tends to rule out the non woody request.
Maybe they should plant castor beans every spring.