Old 01-10-2003, 06:42 PM
Janet Baraclough

Default Cow manure fertiliser

The message
from "Franz Heymann" contains these words:

There is a commercial source of composted cowpats which, it is claimed, is a
very concentrated, rich compost. If I understand it correctly, it is too
rich to be used as a mulch in the ordinary sense of the word. And yet, if
my memory serves me right, it is relatively inexpensive.

Does any urgler have any experience of it?

Dunno, what's the brand name? I've used 6X, which is composted poultry
manure. You certainly would not want to use that as a mulch, it's far
too rich; but very effective scattered lightly as a fertiliser on soil
surface, or a *small* amount mixed into compost for potted fuchsias etc.

Janet.