Old 01-10-2003, 08:12 PM
kevin bailey

Default [IBC] Mugo Pine

The oldest needles on many pines turn brown at this time of year. Is
this what your tree is experiencing?

I wouldn't worry about some of the lower growth expanding, even though
it's late. If they don't harden before the cold gets them you will get
lower budding with mugo's on last years growth next spring.

Cheers

Kev Bailey
Vale Of Clwyd, North Wales