Old 01-10-2003, 11:02 PM
Kae Verens

Default Goals for next year?

wrote:
I want to grow tomatoes that ripen naturally in the garden (I'm in
Ireland (where you won't find any eggpants)).

How about 'aubergines' ?

Could you grow your tomatoes in an unheated hoophouse?
That's what I'm planning to do next year as our summer
nights get very chilly: tomatoes don't enjoy that.

I don't have a hoophouse yet. Although - I did find a roll of industrial
plastic sheeting behind an oil reservoir in the back garden, which I am
planning uses for - a hoophouse may be one of them (I moved into this
house only about nine months ago).

In fact, I think I /will/ try a hoop house for next year. I believe it
will severely improve my gardening with a few vegetables.

Kae
btw: I'm on a high. My first child was born two days ago - 9 pounds 5
ounces, or 4.22 kg. great little guy. Jareth Verens. He has great
fingers - will be good at guitar, programming, and fiddling with small
plants.