Old 02-10-2003, 12:02 AM
Salty Thumb

Default Tall, "Soft" Shrub/Plant

"D Kat" wrote in
:

That is a good idea. Don't some calla lilies get very tall? Elephant
ears? What is that plant - begins with an A... is a wheat supstitute
in part of the world... very pretty and very tall.... (red fuzzy
flowers). "Beecrofter" wrote in message
om...
"dkat" wrote in message
. net...
I can't imagine any shrub that will get that tall that does not
have a woody structure. Variegated Dogwoods are really pretty but
I don't think they get that large quickly or at all (they also have
some berries) I don't know if crape myrtle is hardy enough for
your area but it would get that tall (it is woody however).

Shrub tends to rule out the non woody request.
Maybe they should plant castor beans every spring.

Here I go painting a big target on my back but ...

What about bananas? Too far north? You could plant some elephant ears
nearby. Because elephants like bananas.

The only wheat substitutes I can think of are asorghum and amillet.
Don't know what color the flowers are.

- S