Old 02-10-2003, 12:42 AM
Gregory Young

Default pond leak- help

Bentonite clay will not work in a shallow liner based pond (ie one that is
only a couple of feet in depth).
It requires either more depth (pressure), or a clay soil base to seal
adequately.
If the liner in an ornamental pond has a leak, it should be properly
patched.
With the xavan liner the writer described my money is still on the
stream/falls, etc.
Happy ponding,
Greg

To reply directly to me remove
"koi" from my email address
"D Kat" wrote in message
If the leak is on the bottom then bentonite clay is safe and might work.
Also if you find the leak on the edge there are liner patches that are
easily applied and that will work (I'm assuming though that your reference
is to something to pour into the water and have it seal up the hole... in
which case bentonite is the only thing I know of and it will only work

where
it is going to settle - bottom) DK

"Gregory Young" wrote in message

BTW, there is no product that you can safely add to the pond's water to

seal
the leak. That works (somewhat) for pressurized tires or radiators, but

not
pond liners. That's too bad... it would certainly make life easier!!
Happy ponding,
Greg

To reply directly to me remove
"koi" from my email address
"JLu3140998" wrote in message
hi everyone
i have a new 33x33 pond with xavan pond liner
filled with water, and have a leak
cannot find leak- is there a product that can be added to water
that will repair leak
fish not added yet- can remove plants to repair if necessary
pond draining fast and water is very expensive here
help please!!!!!!!