Old 02-10-2003, 01:03 AM
randi sharp

Default [IBC] Mugo Pine

Thanks for the hopeful email Kevin. The more I've started looking into the various horticulture sites I'm becoming very concerned that what my tree is infected with Diplodia fungus. The tree was lush and green until mid-September then started with browning
needles and now the tips seems to be dying back but with back budding up and down the browning branches. I've read Copper is a good fungicide but from what I've read I'm afraid its a loosing battle. Odd thing is that the mugo's in bonsai soil seem unaffec
ted and very healthy. This one, in the nursery pot, is the only one that seems to be struggling....needless to say...also my favorite mugo ;-(

Randi Sharp
Richmond VA ....
kevin bailey wrote:
The oldest needles on many pines turn brown at this time of year. Is
this what your tree is experiencing?

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++