Old 02-10-2003, 01:22 AM
Jim Lewis

Default [IBC] Mugo Pine

Odd thing is that the mugo's in bonsai soil seem unaffected and
very healthy. This one, in the nursery pot, is the only one that
seems to be struggling....needless to say...also my favorite mugo
;-(

I don't find "diplodia fungus' anywhere, but I'd bet that
drainage is the key. The bonsai soil drains, the nursery soil
doesn't and since the nursery soil would be a LOT more organic,
there's fertile ground (so to speak) for fungi to get started.

If the tree is truly going downhill, you might try an emergency
repot.

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++