Old 02-10-2003, 04:34 AM
B & J

Default Storing 4oclock tubers

"Zemedelec" wrote in message
How should I store some 4oclock tubers I just dug up?
BRBR

One edge of my garden is rife with them, but I never knew they had tubers.

The
things one learns...
zemedelec

A number of years ago I bought a package of roots/tubers labeled "mirabilis"
at a local garden center. It was attractively packaged, and I didn't
recognize them from the plant picture. When they began blooming, I realized
I had paid $4.95 for three four o'clock roots when I could have purchased a
whole package of seeds for a $1.95. It was kind of funny but also taught me
a lesson. GRIN

Yes, the roots/tubers can be dug, stored in a cool, dry place, and replanted
the following year. I don't bother now because they can be grown so easily
from seeds and so freely reseed themselves that I consider them a weed.

John