Old 02-10-2003, 07:56 AM
Martin Brown

Default Glyphosate & its side effects

In message m, ""
writes
On Wed, 01 Oct 2003 16:54:29 +0100, Peter Ashby
wrote:

In article m,
"" wrote:

general, several studies reported that the increased toxicity of
Roundup is due to the surfactant (MON 0818) present in the
formulation.

Which parts of these sentences do you NOT understand ?

The surfactant
was tested separately from glyphosate and found to be much more toxic
than glyphosate itself and even more toxic when combined.

The serious problem is not with the glyphosate but with the wetting
agents.

Pure glyphosate has roughly about the same toxicity in humans as the
caffeine in coffee.

Read that, think about it. Particularly the third sentence. Then if you
still don't understand the question we can talk about it. This is not an
answer to the original question. It may be a reason to look for lower
toxicity detergents for use with herbicides, but it is not an argument
against herbicides.

I'd rather not play with words, risk my life playing Russian Roulette.
the world can live without glyphosate thanks.

It could live without car washes and dishwashing machines too. And they
probably cause a lot more environmental damage by using similarly
vicious surfactants. And discharging straight into the foul water drains
every day.

[Troller's long newsgroup list trimmed somewhat]

Regards,
--
Martin Brown