Old 02-10-2003, 08:34 AM
Franz Heymann

Default Green fly / soapy water

"Victoria Clare" wrote in message
.209...
"Franz Heymann" wrote in
:

"Victoria Clare" wrote in message
.222...
Martin Brown wrote in
:

In message , Jaques d'Altrades
writes
The message
from "Franz Heymann" contains
these words:
Washing-up liquid is not soap.

But it does the trick.

You do have to be careful what you use it on. Some plants do not
like this treatment. I defoliated a bay tree once this way. It
stripped the surface waxy coating and the leaves desiccated within
a few days of application.

... This is why I suggested using only a drop.

A drop in how much water? 1 cc? 1 litre? 100 litres?

In the amount of water you'd expect to put in whatever container came to
hand if you were planning to anoint a few rose bushes with it. That
might be one litre, or it might be a washing-up-bowl-full.

I made the (I think not unreasonable) assumption that John is an amateur
gardener, and owns an ounce of common sense, and a bucket.

If one drop in a bucket of water is sufficient, it would mean that it is
extremely potent stuff .

{:-))

[snip]

Franz