Old 02-10-2003, 10:22 AM
Pat Kiewicz

Default Goals for next year?

simy1 said:

(Pat Kiewicz) wrote in message

news:P-ScnfXWYuWMN-eiU-KYgg@comc
ast.com...

So next year I hope to be ready, willing, and able to work all summer long.

And I think I will have to sew some cotton bags to put over the corn ears this year,
as the birds have learned to rip into the paper bags I have been using to protect
the ears.

Hope you are recovering well.

I seem to be; when I saw the in late August she said 80% healed. I hope
when I see her again in November she says 100%.

It is my experience that it is furry
critters that rip into paper bags, and not birds, unless you have
caught them in the act. How do I know it? I use the bags for grapes
(bumper crop this year), and it is only the lower branches that get
victimized.

Nope; no furry critters bigger than a mouse. None of the ears are ever pulled
down away from the stalks. And there were lots of little bird scritches and poo
all over the corn plants. I'm convinced it's the birds that finally learned
to rip up the bags.

Odd thing is, none of them has figured out that the purple millet is edible!
--
Pat in Plymouth MI

(attributed to Don Marti)