Old 02-10-2003, 01:32 PM
Bonnie

Default heron

BA PATSFAN wrote:
will the plastic bird netting with 1" squares actually keep the heron out? Is
it strong enough? And will the heron stop coming if the pond is netted? Can I
just put the net about 4" above the water and get it taunt by placing rocks on
it? Also I put 4" black pipe in the pond but had to put rocks in it to get it
to sink so now I don't think the bigger fish can get thru it, any other
suggestion how to sink it without blocking the pipe? Thanks for any info

After I netted my pond last year the heron came back daily.
It tried over and over again to get to the fish and
finally gave up. It didn't return this year. At least, I
don't think it returned. I installed a Scarecrow, motion
detector. I'm not sure if the heron returned and was scared
away by the squirting water or it just didn't return.

--
Bonnie
NJ