Old 02-10-2003, 05:12 PM
Ross Reid

Default Possible Frost Tonight

EV wrote:

Phaedrine Stonebridge wrote:

In article ,
(Pat Kiewicz) wrote:

Ross Reid said:

We're almost due North of Erie, PA.
Heavy frost here last night. Matter of fact, it's now 9:15 AM and the
grass is still white where it's in the shade. I'm afraid it's curtains
for the tomatoes and eggplant that were still left in the garden.

Sorry to hear it. Here in Zone 6 southern Ontario, it's 40 F at the moment,
but I know that frost is coming. Some of the tips on my tomatoes look at bit
nipped. I'm just crossing my fingers that I get to them before the big one
hits. Such a short season. Hardly got any tomatillos, which is very
disappointing. Last year I had 'ice raspberies' on October 24th. Looks like
it'll be way earlier this year. Sigh.

We're also in Southern Ontario, (in the western most part of The "New"
City of Hamilton, but certainly not by choice). Zone 5b, still it's
due North of Erie, PA ;-).
Frost last night was much heavier than the one the other night.
We have tomatillos "up to here" but, haven't found anything we really
like them in. Any suggestions?
Ross,
Ontario, Canada.
New AgCanada Zone 5b