Old 02-10-2003, 05:32 PM
Cereoid-UR12-

Default How to get my plumeria to start another main branch?

Cut it back to encourage branching.

Jim Caldwell wrote in message
I have a frangi-pangi that is about 6 ft. tall now. Problem is, it is very
lop-sided, as it has the main trunk, and only TWO main branches that are
maybe 120 degrees apart, so the plant is so lop-sided that I had to

install
a thick cord anchoring the main trunk to the porch railing. Otherwise the
whole plant, pot and all, would fall over. Is there anything that can
encourage the plant to start a new third branch? That main trunk just kind
of "dead-ends", and then the two branches are shooting out from the side

at
the very top.