Old 02-10-2003, 05:32 PM
Chris

Default lighting for 20 gallon tall????

I had a 20 gallon tall with a glass top and two standard flourecent strip
lights. I beleive those bulbs are 20 watts, so two of them gives you 2
watts/gallon. One strip light is probably not sufficent for most plants.
You can order another light for pretty cheap online (like 15$) from "Big
Al's Online" or "Drs. Fosters and Smith"

Chris

On Wed, 01 Oct 2003 09:15:04 +0000, Heather wrote:

I've been getting conflicting informations on what kind of lighting that
I need for my aquarium so I'll tell you what it is that I want and ask
for recommendations. I'm new to plants and I want to setup a planted
angelfish tank. Money is tight (getting married and new house...any of
you who have done this know what I mean). I want something that I can
enjoy but isn't too much trouble. (No co2 machines).
Right now I have a standard flourescent bulb and I'm certain that
my lovely amazon sword plant is going to die. The money wart got eaten
by the goldfish cycling the tank. I have walmart bulbs that may or may
not sprout. The sagitarius looks ok as well as a dark green plant with
needles and a tall grass looking plant with a white strip going through
the center. I'm using the try and see method to see what lives...
So what do ya recommend....
Thanks
Heather