Old 02-10-2003, 08:12 PM
D Kat

Default pond de-icer

I really don't understand the zoning system here. I'm in zone 7 (Long
Island) and last year (although it was a real #$tch of a winter) I had
probably 6" of ice on my pond for quite some time. Every year that I have
lived here the pond has frozen over enough that I had to use something to
keep a hole open. You really don't get ice? Even in California (labeled
Zone 9 where I lived) we would wake up on occasion to the wonder of the dogs
water being frozen.... DKat

"NauticalWheeler" wrote in message
I have a pond therefore, my dad wanted and now has a pond. He lives in
zone 6. I live in zone 7 and never have had to worry about my pond
freezing. However, he will have much cooler temps. and his pond is 250

gal.
I am thinking a getting a pond de-icer for him. Can you give me some
thoughts on this one please and thank you! He has fallen in love with his
goldfish and loves his pond!!
pond:
~~250 gal
~has goldfish in