Old 02-10-2003, 09:12 PM
Boris

Default Substrate Heating

Yes! I thought about that too! I have a 54 tank by All Glass Aquarium I was
"thinking" of doing this with.

Maybe I will pass on this idea. Thanks for the reply.
cheers,
Boris
"coelacanth" wrote in message
m...
My two bits:.

I sure wouldn't try it--I had small tortoises for a while
in new 10 gallon tanks and both tanks ended up with
cracks on the bottom from the heat pads. One was a
DIY job, but the other was from ZooMed, a reputable
manufacturer (unlike me).

It's possible that gravel and water will serve to moderate
heating and cooling effects and thus prevent this kind
of damage, but do you want to be the one to find
that out?

-coelacanth

"Boris" wrote in message
able.rogers.com...
Has anyone tried one of those reptile heating pads that you stick on the
bottom of the tank (outside bottom - not in the tank itself) with an
adhesive?

Do you think this may have possitive results?

Thank you in advance.
Boris