Old 02-10-2003, 10:22 PM
martin

Default Cow manure fertiliser

On Thu, 2 Oct 2003 20:08:44 +0000 (UTC), "Franz Heymann"
wrote:

"Howard Neil" hneil@REMOVE TO REPLY.co.uk wrote in message

"martin" wrote in message
On Thu, 2 Oct 2003 16:24:22 +0100, "Howard Neil" hneil@REMOVE TO
REPLY.co.uk wrote:

My free range
chickens cause no problems at all. I would expect chickens kept in a

run
kill any plants by their scratching and digging dust hollows.

even the nettles?

I only know two people who keep chickens in a run (most around me have

free
range chickens) and their chickens seem to have a scorched earth policy.
Mind you, I do not know if they had nettles in the first place.

My curiousity drives me to display my ignorance: What is involved in
keeping chickens in a run, and what constitutes a free range chicken?

I also thought chickens in a run were free range. I also thought that
a run was an outside place where chickens were kept.

It seems that chicken run has a more specific meaning nowadays
see http://www.henhouses.co.uk/aylesford.html
--
Martin