Old 03-10-2003, 12:02 AM
Anne Lurie

Default OMG I can see the bottom

"D Kat" wrote in message
[about clearing the water in a pond]

I also believe it was the plants. While the cold temperatures certainly
help I have seen Water Hyacinths clean up a pond in one day in the middle

of
summer.

Aha! I now realize that I need to net my teeny water garden next year --
not to keep the herons out, but to keep the Water Hyacinths IN!! (They may
be wonderful additions to a water garden, but they are even better as dog
toys, according to some local culprits.)

I already have the netting -- I just have to figure out how to make the
"froggy doors" in it. (Maybe if I take out the pot with the Parrotfeather,
the frog will follow?)

Anne Lurie
Raleigh, NC