Old 03-10-2003, 02:32 AM
-- pelirojaroja

Default Caryopteris (Bluebeard)

Hello,
Anyone else a fan of this plant? This is my first year to have it in
the garden, and I LOVE it! (I had never even seen it before, until I
planted it based on a gardening plan recommendation.)

It looked nice as foliage all summer, and then burst forth into
gorgeous deep blue late-September bloom. It looks good next to the
hot-pink asters, which bloomed about the same time. I had no idea the
2 Caryopteris x clandonensis plants (bushes maybe?) would grow so well
and look so good. It's nice to have something work out unexpectedly
like that, and also to know that I have an honest-to-goodness
long-blooming hardy perennial (I hope . . .).

-- peliroja-roja