Old 03-10-2003, 03:03 AM
Jimmy

Default Algae problem worse after adding CO2

I found these posts:

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=BG...F-8&oe=UTF-8&s
elm=310c6fc9.0302260919.23883c96%40posting.google. com&rnum=8

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=BG...F-8&oe=UTF-8&s
elm=a97a4k%24gr0%241%40nntp9.atl.mindspring.net&rn um=7

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=BG...F-8&oe=UTF-8&s
elm=3E34F55E.3FFED7AC%40verizon.net&rnum=1

Thanks for your help... I have locked the fish food up.... my grandmother
has Alzheimer's and kept feeding the fish .....she was killing them with her
kindness.

"Chuck Gadd" wrote in message
On Thu, 02 Oct 2003 19:35:00 GMT, "Jimmy"
wrote:

I added DIY CO2 a few days ago and my bluegreen algae has started growing
3-4 times as fast, but so are the other plants. It even has little

bubbles

I went to several of my LFS to purchase SAE. I was sold false SAE's by

both
stores. Even Sandy's Pet Shop sold me 2 flying foxes telling me they were

First, I doubt CO2 is actually to blame/credit for the increased
growth of the BGA. If the BGA outbreak is severe, I'd suggest
manually removing as much as possible, and blacking out the tank for a
few days. Search www.deja.com and you should find several recent
detailed posts on doing a blackout.

Next, SAEs will not help with a BGA problem. BGA is cyanobacteria, a
combination of bacteria and algea. Nothing will eat it.

Chuck Gadd
http://www.csd.net/~cgadd/aqua