Old 03-10-2003, 03:32 AM
Dwayne

Default Storing 4oclock tubers

Sorry about that. I read a posting about iris, and was thinking about that
when I answered this one. The information I gave you was on iris, not 4
O'clocks.

Dwayne

"Dwayne" wrote in message
Put them in a paper bag and put them somewhere in your garage where they
will stay dry. Otherwise, just plant them. I have sorted them by color

and
stored iris risones over a year in the garage, but only 2/3 rds of them
lived. It is best to plant them now. You don't have to cover them with
dirt. Half of them can be out of the ground. It always takes mine two
summers to bloom, so the sooner you can get them in the ground, the sooner
you will see color.

Dwayne

"EBG" wrote in message
How should I store some 4oclock tubers I just dug up?

Can I put them in the refrigerator? Out in my unheated garage....(don't

have
a basement).

What's the best way to do this?

Thanks