Old 30-01-2003, 10:32 PM
Bob Bauer

Default Sunsprite Fragrant, Yellow rose recommendation

Radika said:

I am sort of guessing that there are two verions of Sunsprite being
offered in the U. S., one fragrant and the other not, based on all
realiable rose people at different places in the U. S. reoporting two
sets of experiences.

My 'Sunsprite' is of the non fragrant persuasion. I have sniffed
this rose hundreds of times in all stages of blooming and only once in
a while do I get a sniff of perfume. Mostly nothing. Never strong.
I was beginning to suspect that I had a defective sniffer, but I have
had many other people sniff it to no avail as well.

I am beginning to wonder if there are certain clone lines that have
sported to a version that is not fragrant.

My 'Double Delight' on the other hand, is extremely fragrant at all
stages of bloom. It is one of only 5 or so roses that I grow that I
can predictably have people smell and know that they will not be
disappointed.

Bob Bauer
Zone 6 in Salt Lake City
http://www.rose-roses.com/