Old 03-10-2003, 02:42 PM
S.carolinensis

Default Squirrels

"al" wrote in message:
For a month or so now, little holes have been appearing in my nice new

lawn
and in my flowerbeds. Finally, I caught one of the little buggers at it -
it was a squirrel trying to bury a nut!!

Is there any way of stopping them or discouraging them from my garden?
What attracts them to me?

---
A squirrel writes... "Come off it mate, we're only doing what comes
naturally. You put nuts out in your garden, how do we know they're not for
us? You should thank your lucky stars you only have us, you could
have a family of bloody badgers digging damn great holes around your garden,
and depositing piles of crap. Every day our 'landlord' puts out nuts, seeds
and fat balls for us then calls us a tree rats, tree rats I ask you, how
insensitive can you get?
I sometimes think we'd be better off back in the woods."