Old 03-10-2003, 06:42 PM
Mark Hill

Default [IBC] hard water and azaleas ??

Thanks Nina;

Both azaleas are in 18" X 12" X 4" mica training pots, in turface based
bonsai soil.
I don't see very much bark etc in the mixture.
Drainage isn't a problem.

Vigoro is a time released product with the following:
Total Nitrogen = 15% (7.31% Ammoniacal Nitrogen and 7.69% Urea
Nitrogen)
Total Phosphate = 7%
Total Potash = 7%
Total Magnesium = 1.5%
Total Sulfur = 3%
Total Iron = 2%

Apparently the Urea Nitrogen is slow release, through polymer coated
pellets.

I usually add a drop of two of SuperThrive to each watering and a few
Biogold pellets spread around the surface of each pot. However, if you
suggest Muracid with chelated iron will be better for my azaleas, I'll pick
some up and follow the directions.

I was more concerned that my salt treated well water is alkaline rather than
acidic.

Mark