Old 03-10-2003, 07:02 PM
al

Default Squirrels

"bigboard" wrote in message
-
AFAIK, they sort of hibernate! And only if it gets very cold, otherwise
they're up and about most of the winter.

But walking around Holland Park in London last winter in the REALLY hard,
cold days there were loads of squirrels following me about. During the
summer they were far less brazen (maybe because more ppl & kids are there to
terrorise them!).

As for why they bury their nuts in your garden rather than the park, I
would guess that the park is mostly grassland and there are no obvious
landmarks for reference points as to where they left there nuts.

You might be on to something there - perhaps I'll change the garden around
every week to really **** them off so they can't find anything!!

My solution would be to leave them alone, but if they were really
causing a nuisance, to shoot them. I realise this may not be desirable
for you or practical!

Well, firstly, I've only ever seen one once and there are holes all over my
garden. Secondly I don't have a gun. Thirdly, pests as they might be, I
really don't want to execute them - just repulse them. Perhaps pictures of
Jade from BB last year with her "kebab" on show would do the trick. There
again, the neighbours might burn the house down while I'm at work ...!