Old 03-10-2003, 09:44 PM
Ray

Default RO water

Maybe Rob thinks it tastes OK, but apparently some don't. If you check out
Dasani water, you'll find it's RO water to which they've added minerals to
make it "taste fresh." (whatever that means)

I will tell you this : at first, the RO water will have a definite flavor,
probably from the post-membrane parts until they "break in" a bit. It's not
bad, just odd. I can also tell you that I've made one helluva good pot of
coffee with RO!

.. . . . . . . . . . .
"dd" wrote in message
I live in New England and grow orchids (about 80) in my home. The water
in our area isn't good--it has chlorine and lead. I water my orchids
with distilled water, which is, as my collection grows, getting
expensive. We also buy bottled water for drinking and cooking. At this
point, I'm considering an RO system for both drinking and plant
watering. My husband is interested in the conversion, but he asks,
"What does it taste like?"

So, does anyone drink RO water? How does the taste compare with spring
water, such as Poland Springs? Does anyone have a particular system to
recommend?

Thanks for any inputs.