Old 04-10-2003, 12:20 AM
BenignVanilla

Default Update

"dt" wrote in message
Bonnie wrote:

John Hines wrote:

You need to tie up the vines so they don't hang in the water. Tomatoes
grow very well in a hydroponic setup.

Thanks for the info John. If I try this again next year
I'll follow your advice.

Thanks for posting, Bonnie. I'd been wondering if anybody was trying to
grow edible (by humans) plants in their filter.

Anybody else? Watercress, maybe?

Watercress grows like mad in my stream. The mint I planted on the backside
of the VF to hide some liner, as roots 3 feet long into the VF, and smaller
plants have arisen on the other side. Next year, lotsa mint and watercress
for me. I think I'll also try Bonnie's Mato idea, and maybe even some Basil.

BV.