Old 04-10-2003, 09:10 AM
P van Rijckevorsel

Default Questions on chemistry of fruits

Jeff Root schreef
But those things that "do not" really don't always taste like one
another either,

Of course. Even if the textures were anything alike, I
wouldn't mistake the flavor of tomato for the flavor of squash.
But I fail to get your point.

+ + +
Maybe he meant that tomatoes do not all taste alike, and that spanish
peppers don't all taste alike or like sweet peppers?
+ + +

I ... don't expect to play [a botanist] on TV.

+ + +
Let's be thankful for small favors! ;-)
+ + +

Here's a page no search engine will find. It's the reason for
my questions. I'm working on the auxillary info at the bottom
of the page. It may also be necessary to add something about
seedless fruit, somewhere. I'm giving you a sneak preview of
my nearly-but-not-quite finished page... The Tomato Question.

http://www.freemars.org/jeff2/tomato/

+ + +
A very good example of using very many words to say very little?
PvR