Old 04-10-2003, 07:31 PM
jonathandw jonathandw is offline
Registered User

Location: Somerset
Question Bonsai newbie

Hi
I'm relatively new to the art of bonsai - have had several failures with Serissas and have now decided to try the outdoor variety in the hope that they are a bit more resilient.
Have recently purchased a young Dawn redwood (stands about foot and a half) which I've repotted into a slightly larger pot purely to encourage some more growth but what I'd like to know is is there anything I should watch for in particular? Also I'm considering taking a hardwood cutting from a Japanese mapel that grows outside my lab - any advice, tips, etc would be greatly appreciated with this species.
Many thanks in advance

Jonathan