Old 04-10-2003, 08:02 PM
Geir Harris Hedemark

Default Curly ghost orchids

I have had a look at pictures on the web (Mick's site, of course) of
ghost orchids in flasks and out of them.

The ones I got hold of were mostly spiral-formed in the flasks, which
I can understand. They were sort of cramped in there. They are now
living in a patch of lichen until they get a reasonable bulk - then
I'll try to mount some of them and see if they like it in my
bathroom. Should be humid and warm enough there, I'll put in some
extra lights.

However, they still seem to grow in spirals, which Mick's specimens
don't do if I am to judge by the pictures. Is this something these
orchids like to do? I'll have a hard time mounting something that
looks like a corkscrew by Escher.

Geir