Old 04-10-2003, 10:43 PM
zxcvbob

Default lighting for 20 gallon tall????

Heather wrote:

I've been getting conflicting informations on what kind of lighting that
I need for my aquarium so I'll tell you what it is that I want and ask
for recommendations. I'm new to plants and I want to setup a planted
angelfish tank. Money is tight (getting married and new house...any of
you who have done this know what I mean). I want something that I can
enjoy but isn't too much trouble. (No co2 machines). Right now I have a
standard flourescent bulb and I'm certain that my lovely amazon sword
plant is going to die. The money wart got eaten by the goldfish cycling
the tank. I have walmart bulbs that may or may not sprout. The
sagitarius looks ok as well as a dark green plant with needles and a
tall grass looking plant with a white strip going through the center.
I'm using the try and see method to see what lives... So what do ya
recommend.... Thanks Heather

I have a 20 gallon tall tank, and I'm using one F40/30BX/SPX50/RS
fluorescent lamp, driven by an electronic ballast designed for F32T8 lamps.

This is not where I bought them, but here's a source:
http://www.atlantalightbulbs.com/ecart/pg0827/45010.htm

Best regards,
Bob