Old 05-10-2003, 01:22 AM
Alan Holmes

Default Squirrels

"al" wrote in message
"Zipadee Doodar" wrote in message

What
attracts them to me?

Your nuts.

ZD

Yeah, OK, I can see this line of questioning is going to get me far! But
come on, why my garden? Why in grass? Why not in the bloody great park
behind my house!?

Also - general knowledge question on the little bushy rodents .... do they
hibernate and are they at all nocturnal?

They do hibernate and you should pray for a mild winter, the warm climate
wakes them too soon and they die off.

There is only one way to stop them and if you live near a park it will take
some time.

Get a rat/mink trap from Mole Valley farmers and drown the beggars as
described
by the Forestry Commision.

As I say, if you have a large number it will take time to reduce them.

The drowning, for those who may be squeamish. is very quick, an average of 8
seconds.

Alan