Old 05-10-2003, 01:31 AM
Jeßus

Default Propagating Camellias

: Can't help you with the propagating but transplanting yes! They
: transfer really well the hardest part is being able to move it -
: would require a few people but they transfer even in old age.
: Recently moved two ourselves, knocks them back for one season but
: after that away it goes again.

Thanks for the info Tricia,
Yes, I don't think digging it out would be very easy, its about 4 ft from
the side of the house for starters. I don't think my back would thank me
either

I might do it 'radually... use a sharp spade and saw, dig/cut the roots one
side at a time over say, 4 months and then attempt moving it.

Will try taking some cuttings shortly as well.

--
Jeßus