Old 05-10-2003, 04:09 AM
Rich

Default Algae problem worse after adding CO2

Sounds like Blue Green Algae which is more a bacterial than algael. I tried
the black out several times and ended up using Erythromycin at double dose
for 3 days and it disappeared and hasn't returned after 4 months.
It grows like a film over everything and can double in size very quickly.
Blacking out seemed to almost work, but it always had enough steam to take
off again. The medication though cased it to wither and dry up, in no time
(just 3-4 days it was all gone).

Give it a shot

"Jimmy" wrote in message
I added DIY CO2 a few days ago and my bluegreen algae has started growing
3-4 times as fast, but so are the other plants. It even has little bubbles
coming out of it. Is it pearling like the regular aquatic plants are
supposed to do?

I went to several of my LFS to purchase SAE. I was sold false SAE's by

both
stores. Even Sandy's Pet Shop sold me 2 flying foxes telling me they were
SAE's. In this town, (Louisville, KY) Sandy's is the Pet Store's Pet

Store.

Where can I get the "real thing" SIAMESE ALGAE EATER Crossocheilus
siamensis? And how much should they cost?

Thanks,
Jim