Old 05-10-2003, 06:02 AM
Sherwin Dubren

Default Codling Moth

There is a chemical called Imidan in it's 5% formulation that is very
effective against Codling Moths. It used to be sold here in the States
at Garden stores, but now the government deemed it hazardous for home
orchard use. Farmers can still buy the stuff, so if you know one, you
can get some from them. It is strong stuff, so you need to take all the
necessary precautions like proper clothing and breathing mask. I can
expect the 'organics' to blast me on this one, but I have tried organics
like Rotenone, and none of them work. I don't know if it is sold in
England. Check the internet and you may hook up with a supplier.

Sherwin Dubren
Midwest Fruit Explorers (MidFEx)

Alistair Macdonald wrote:

Having problems with this pest. About a third of my apple crop has been
affected - Bramley, Granny Smith and Golden Delicious. I'm told that grease
bands are not much use. What is the remedy?
Alistair in Kent England