Old 05-10-2003, 12:12 PM
Natalie

Default National Botanic Garden of Wales

"jane" wrote in message
Hi folk

I was lucky enough to go to this last Tuesday, on the day that it made
headline news as they are not expecting to be able to keep on funding
it... and not enough folk are going. Got interviewed by BBC Radio
Wales for my reaction, which was a bit stunned as it was the first I'd
heard!

http://www.gardenofwales.org.uk/

I, by chance, on Tuesday I caught a bit of a radio program saying that the
gardens may have to close unless they get funding. I'm so surprised that
they don't already get some funding. They definitely need more publicity to
give them a higher profile. That is why people flock to Eden but not to the
Nat. Botanic Gardens of Wales!

It was on my list of places to visit this summer but I didn't manage to get
there...shall definitely make a bigger effort at half-term. Anyone care to
join me, Probably 29th or 30th October?

Natalie