Old 30-01-2003, 11:48 PM
Shiva

Default Fragrant, Yellow rose recommendation

Mike wrote:

If you're looking for a fragrant yellow, I'd recommend my favorite -
Graham Thomas.

Hey Mike, do you grow Austin's Golden Celebration? I have a baby (last
year's ownroot from Muncy's Rose Emporium in FL) in my garden. I think I
chose it because it is not supposed to get as big here at Graham Thomas,
andbecause its color is supposed to be a bit deeper. I have it planted
between Granada and Pat Austin. I like complementary/contrasting (or, some
say "clashing" color combos!) Pat Austin has a weird scent, (part fruity
part myrrh??) and is a wonderful coppery orange--very distinctive for an
Austin, in color, anyway.)

I grow Sunsprite as well, and Graham Thomas is much more fragrant than
Sunsprite.

Austins are the DEAL for those of us who love fragrance damned near best
of all. I grow a whole bunch of them, all pretty young as I am a new rose
grower.