Old 05-10-2003, 09:12 PM

Default Post Your Three Favorite Movies - I Post Facts About You

On Sun, 05 Oct 2003 19:00:13 GMT, "Phrederik" said :
:
What I don't understand is WHY this is posted to so many off topic posts.

When you type more than one newsgroup in the top of the message, it sends it to
all you have entered at the same time. This phenomenon is known as "Cross
Posting", and usually results in the "cross-posted" newsgroup members becoming
upset over the deluge of off-topic posts in their newsgroup. It's fun to watch
these people reply themselves to the crossposted groups asking people to stop
crossposting, as if they think it were somehow done without mischievous
intention or in good faith. In fact, the only reason it was done was to create
irate demands to stop the crossposting.

When replying, TAKE OUT THE OTHER GROUPS!

How would that be fun? That would defeat the purpose of crossposting.