Old 06-10-2003, 01:02 AM

Default [IBC] Bonsai course for the disabled

Here in Daytona Beach, the State operated Center for the Blind and Visually
Handicapped used to have a bonsai program in a nursery as part of their
rehabilitation programs. I don't know if they still have such a program or not. Their
phone is 800 329 3801 or 386 254 3800.

The State operated WORC, Work Oriented Rehabilitation Center is for the
mentally and physically challenged. They do have a nursery and they did, as of 6
months ago, do a variety of bonsai. Our club partnered with them, seveal
classes, but came to a parting of the ways because the nursery supervisor wanted to
do his and only his style of what he called bonsai and would nothing to do with
following through with our advice or help. Their phone is 386 274 6484. I
find no 800 number for them.

Your local State rehabilitation activities should be able to render some
assistance.

Best regards,

Tom

Thomas L. Zane