Old 06-10-2003, 01:32 AM
RichToyBox

Default below 50F - feed or not to feed

I think that the little current caused by an aerator is good, since it mixes
the stagnant bottom water with the top water, while at the same time keeping
the surface open, but heavy currents by a waterfall and pump, will
significantly chill the bottom, make the fish expend energy swimming against
the current and not provide any real benefits.
--
RichToyBox

"John Bachman" wrote in message
I too am interested in the airstone issue. I see no logical reason
for keeping the airstone off the bottom of my 40" deep pond. If it is
down there then it will aerate all of the water as it bubbles to the
surface. That is good, right?

It seems to me that circulating the water does a lot of good and
little bad. Or am I wrong on that?

John