Old 06-10-2003, 04:02 AM
KenCo

Default below 50F - feed or not to feed

John Bachman wrote:

I too am interested in the airstone issue. I see no logical reason
for keeping the airstone off the bottom of my 40" deep pond. If it is
down there then it will aerate all of the water as it bubbles to the
surface. That is good, right?

It seems to me that circulating the water does a lot of good and
little bad. Or am I wrong on that?

John

the water has "layers" that are diff. temps.
the bottom is warmer that the top due to
the ground temps below frost line. an airstone
on bottom disrupts that layering effect.

a properly constructed pond has the bottom
at or below the frost line for that area.

i.e.
im in RI and we have a frost line of 3',
my pond is 4' at deepest part.

--
http://www.kencofish.com Ken Arnold,
401-781-9642 cell 401-225-0556

Linux (SuSE 8.2) user #329121

Please Note: No trees or animals were harmed in the
sending of this contaminant free message We do concede
that a signicant number of electrons may have been
inconvenienced